Key Contacts

Contact Us

Our History

St Edward the Confessor Church was erected through the generosity of Mrs Edward Christian, the American born wife of the Lord of the Manor of Otterbourne, and consecrated on 10th March 1938 by Bishop Cotter.  It served as a Mass Centre until the appointment of Fr Frank Scantlebury in April 1966. 

Since then, the Parish has been served by Fathers Edward Conway, Peter Wilkie, Tony Cashman, Robin Sanders and Tony Sitti from Thailand. 

The church was doubled in size and cloister rooms added in 1988/89.